Associate Director of Communications & Annual Giving
Application Opening Date: March 15, 2021
Anticipated Starting Date: May 2021
Benefits: Healthcare, retirement contribution, paid vacation, personal and sick leave
Location: Remote or in-person (Indianapolis, IN), approximately 10-weeks of business travel required annually
Apply: Send resume and cover letter to Nathan Wight at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will occur on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
The Associate Director of Communications & Annual Giving is a full-time position for the Delta Sigma Phi Foundation. This team members leads all communication efforts for the Foundation including but not limited to annual giving, stewardship and storytelling. The position reports to the Chief Advancement Officer.
- Serve as the leader for all Foundation communications that includes strategy and execution
- Lead the strategy and operations for all annual fund development operations including but not limited to direct mail, e-solicitation and the Foundation’s Annual Day of Giving program.
- Provide leadership and strategy for appropriately stewarding the Foundation’s donors, specifically providing information on the impact of donor contributions aiming towards excellent retention and gift upgrade over time.
- Deliver strategic communications to segmented donor and prospective donor populations across multiple channels, including print, social, email and web.
- Explore new methods of engagement and content distribution aiming to help tell the story of donor impact and the importance of philanthropy to the Foundation.
- Explore creative and efficient methods that help the Foundation improve fundraising activity and results.
- Collect, analyze, and report data on Foundation donations.
- Create and manage Foundation communications calendar that includes segmented and strategic communications across various platforms and communication vehicles.
Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge of digital communication technology and best practices.
- Strong knowledge of email marketing techniques and tools.
- Strong knowledge of social media engagement and advertisement strategies.
- Extensive experience with copywriting and editing.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to use relevant productivity tools and technology, including Salesforce, Google Workspace/Microsoft Office and publishing applications for email marketing and social networks.
- 4+ years of experience preferred.