Director of Communications
Application Opening Date: February 18, 2021
Anticipated Starting Date: April 2021
Benefits: Healthcare, retirement contribution, paid vacation, personal and sick leave
Location: Remote or in-person (Indianapolis, IN)
Apply: Send resume and cover letter to Casey Dwyer at email@example.com.
Interviews will occur on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
The Director of Communications leads the communication strategy for Delta Sigma Phi Fraternity, Foundation, and Housing Corporation. The Director reports to the Chief Technology and Communications Officer and is responsible for building Delta Sigma Phi’s voice and brand for members and external audiences.
- Lead the development and implementation of a communications strategy that ensures stakeholders receive timely, informative, and engaging content.
- Lead branding development and maintain brand integrity across all department assets.
- Deliver communications across multiple channels, including print, social, email, web, and audio content.
- Serve as editor to Delta Sigma Phi’s flagship publication, The Carnation magazine.
- Explore new methods of engagement and content distribution, such as podcasts and live streaming.
- Support and promote chapter and membership experience programs.
- Support communication initiatives for the Delta Sigma Phi Foundation.
- Collaborate with other departments on social media ad campaigns
- Manage vendor and volunteer projects related to content production.
- Collect, analyze, and report data on Delta Sigma Phi communications and engagement.
- Create and manage external communications calendar.
- Contribute to industry advancement by participating in relevant associations, conferences, and working groups.
- Manage budget for the communications team.
- Manage Communications Coordinator and collaborate on team structure.
Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge of digital communication technology and best practices.
- Strong knowledge of email marketing techniques and tools.
- Strong knowledge of social media engagement and advertisement strategies.
- Extensive experience with copywriting and editing.
- Experience with graphic design and related software.
- Experience with newsletter and magazine design.
- Experience with advertising and fundraising/sales.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to use relevant productivity tools and technology, including Salesforce, Google Workspace/Microsoft Office and publishing applications for email marketing and social networks.
- 5+ years of experience preferred.