Learn, Engage, Act, and Dedicate
yourself to building the future of Delta Sigma Phi!
LEAD Weekend is Delta Sigma Phi’s new regional program that provides role-specific education to chapter officers and critical leadership training to non-officers. Undergraduates and volunteers will network throughout the program with each other and with Fraternity leaders to learn how to push their chapter and the Fraternity forward.
Participant Tracks and Who Should Attend:
- Chapter Presidents: Chapter Presidents
- Bruce J. Loewenberg Recruitment: Chapter Recruitment Officers
- New Member Education: Chapter New Member Educators
- Chapter Finance Treasurer: Chapter Treasurers
- Risk Management: Your chapter officer that oversees risk management
- Standards Board Governance: Your Chapter Standards Board Chairman or Sergeant at Arms
- Leadership Development: Up to three chapter members who do not currently hold a position on the executive board and are interested in learning more about leadership.
- Cycyota Volunteer Institute: For Delta Sigma Phi’s member and non-member advisors/volunteers. This new initiative allows us to work hand-in-hand with you to ensure success.
In addition to these participant tracks there will be time throughout the program in which chapter officers and advisors will come together for keynotes and to work on a strategic plan for the chapter.
- Chapter officers and advisors will obtain the knowledge and skill necessary to carry out the duties of their respective role.
- The Fraternity will build a leadership pipeline for general/non-positional members through increased touchpoints with volunteers, staff and Fraternity leaders.
- All attendees will become more familiar with the greater health of the Fraternity and be able to examine their role in moving the Fraternity forward.
- All attendees will have the opportunity to network and participate in peer-to-peer learning.
- All attendees will engage in creating a plan that improves their chapter’s recruitment and retention efforts, mitigate risk, and create a positive membership experience.
Note: Presidents Academy has been eliminated. After the success of LEAD Weekend 2020, we heard from a number of Chapter Presidents who attended that they really valued the opportunity to learn alongside their fellow officers; likewise, we heard from officers who attended without their Chapter President that that would have been a valuable experience. We plan to carve out special time just for Presidents to learn together as a cohort, as well as many opportunities for them to learn, network, and build plans with their executive team.
Why we are eliminating Summit and BMA?
Qualitative and quantitative feedback from undergraduates and alumni, chapter performance, and Voice of Customer survey data tell us that more targeted, positional programming is needed beyond the Loewenberg Membership Summit and Presidents Academy. Advisors and other chapter officers need intensive training and networking to be successful in their roles.