Learn, Engage, Act, and Dedicate
yourself to building the future of Delta Sigma Phi!
LEAD Weekend is Delta Sigma Phi’s new regional program that provides role-specific education to chapter officers and critical leadership training to non-officers. Undergraduates and volunteers will network throughout the program with each other and with Fraternity leaders to learn how to push their chapter and the Fraternity forward. LEAD Weekend 2021 will take place on Saturday, January 30 – Sunday, January 31. Below is the virtual schedule for each day as well as chapter incentives for those attending.
SATURDAY, JANUARY 30
- 12:30 pm EST: Fraternity Update with Executive Director, Phil Rodriguez
- 1 pm EST: Delta Sigma Phi Membership Data with Director of Fraternity Growth, Ry Beck
- 1:45 – 3:45 pm EST: Educational Tracks
- 3:45 pm – 4:00 pm EST: Break
- 4 pm – 4:45 pm EST: Risk Management with Director of Responsibility, Aaron Noon
- 4:45 pm – 5:15 pm EST: Break
- 5:15 pm – 7:15 pm EST: Educational Tracks
- 7:15 pm – 7:30 pm EST: Wrap Up
SUNDAY, JANUARY 31
- 1 pm – 2:30 pm EST: Topic Roundtables; Roundtables are optional to attend but provide the opportunity to network and brainstorm with other chapter officers. Topics will be determined by suggestions provided during registration.
*All times shown are in the Eastern Standard Time Zone
- Chapters will receive a credit for 5% off their chapter dues if all seven (7) undergraduate chapter officers register AND participate in all of Saturday programming AND the chapter submits their Chapter Strategic Plan by Sunday, February 7th.
- Chapters that have their seven chapter officers attend and submit the Chapter Strategic Plan will also be entered into drawings for Delta Sig branded gear like flats, pop-up banners, executive board polos, yard letters.
- Registered attendees who fully participate in the program will be entered into a drawing for Apple air pods, YETI tumblers, and gift cards to Amazon, Southwest Airlines, Door Dash.
Participants and who should attend
- Chapter Presidents: Chapter Presidents
- Bruce J. Loewenberg Recruitment: Chapter Recruitment Officers
- New Member Education: Chapter New Member Educators
- Vice President of Membership Development: Vice President of Membership Development
- Chapter Finance Treasurer: Chapter Treasurers
- Risk Management: Your chapter officer that oversees risk management
- Standards Board Governance: Your Chapter Standards Board Chairman or Sergeant at Arms
- Leadership Development: Up to five chapter members who do not currently hold a position on the executive board and are interested in learning more about leadership.
- Cycyota Volunteer Institute: For Delta Sigma Phi’s member and non-member advisors/volunteers. This new initiative allows us to work hand-in-hand with you to ensure success.
- Chapter officers and advisors will obtain the knowledge and skill necessary to carry out the duties of their respective role.
- The Fraternity will build a leadership pipeline for general/non-positional members through increased touchpoints with volunteers, staff and Fraternity leaders.
- All attendees will become more familiar with the greater health of the Fraternity and be able to examine their role in moving the Fraternity forward.
- All attendees will have the opportunity to network and participate in peer-to-peer learning.
- All attendees will engage in creating a plan that improves their chapter’s recruitment and retention efforts, mitigate risk, and create a positive membership experience.
Note: Presidents Academy has been eliminated. After the success of LEAD Weekend 2020, we heard from a number of Chapter Presidents who attended that they really valued the opportunity to learn alongside their fellow officers; likewise, we heard from officers who attended without their Chapter President that that would have been a valuable experience. We plan to carve out special time just for Presidents to learn together as a cohort, as well as many opportunities for them to learn, network, and build plans with their executive team.