Cycyota Volunteer Institute
Named after Tom Cycyota, Illinois ’77 and his wife Cyndy, who value the role and development of volunteers in Delta Sigma Phi, the new Cycyota Volunteer Institute seeks to prepare new and seasoned volunteers to successfully advise undergraduate chapters. Attendees will learn about advising philosophies, current trends in student development and engagement, mental health, and Fraternity resources that exist to support them in their role.
The people of Delta Sig, who we’ve met over the years, are nothing short of remarkable. It is our hope that the Institute will enable Delta Sig to build even better men.
— Cyndy Cycyota, Cycyota Volunteer Institute Unveiling at 2019 Convention
What you will learn
- Overview of the Fraternity volunteer structure and role descriptions
- Review of the Fraternity’s coaching and advising philosophy
- How to work with and support todays college student
- Goal setting with your chapter
- Mental health challenges facing college students
- Harm reduction/prevention strategies
- Current growth/retention goals and strategy
- How to recruit and engage volunteers for Delta Sigma Phi